We have started new website of Reference Notes where you will find Notes, Question Paper, Solution, Old is Gold, Educational Software of all level. The location is www.MeroSpark.com . We are transferring all content from here to our new site.

SET V - Model Question Paper | Compulsory English Class 12

English
Question Bank | English
Model Question Paper
Set Five | Compulsory English
Grade XII
Full marks: 100 | Pass marks: 40 Time: 3 hours 

1. Read the following passage and answer the questions given below. [5x3=15]
As the Second World War moved towards the grand finale, the situation on mainland Europe grew even bloodier. Mobile and efficient means of inflicting death were being used with great accuracy and skill; still more sophisticated methods of destruction were being put into production. It was a time of horror, havoc and change.
The atmosphere in rural England, however, made a complete contrast, and apart from the blackouts and the patriotic duties of ‘Dad’s Army’, life went on untroubled and at the same pace as it had for generations. In fact, the only real difference between war and peace was that financial conditions were much better while hostilities lasted; for it was, and still is, a belief held by the farming community, both man and master, that they only care about farming during a war- a view that is not entirely without foundation.
Questions:
a. What was the situation of mainland Europe at the completion of Second World War?
b. Why was it a time of horror, havoc and change?
c. How did the rural England contribute to the war?
d. How was the atmosphere in rural England complete contrast to the atmosphere of mainland Europe?
e. What does the writer want to point out in the given passage?

2. Rewrite the following questions into indirect questions. Begin with the words given. 5
a. Has the train left?
Have you found out……..?
b. Have the election results been announced yet?
Have you any idea…….?
c. Was he gone?
Do you know……..?
d. What color curtains did they buy?
Do you know………………?
e. What are golf balls made of?
Do you know…………..?

3. Make sentence using as if/as though, as in the example. 5
Example: You see a man lying on the ground in a pool of blood.
Ans: He looks as if he has just been shot.
a. You see a girl standing on the seashore, staring into the
b. You see a man lying on the floor, laughing.
c. You see a boy lying underneath a car.
d. You see your friend very depressed.
e. You see a girl and a boy sitting beside a bush.

4. Change the sentence using must, can’t, and might/may. 5
a. I’m sure he is working.
b. Perhaps he went home.
c. I’m sure they were not waiting long.
d. I’m sure he’s not French.
e. I’m sure the snow’s melted.

5. Report the following remarks using a suitable verb from the list. 5
promise recommend beg suggest threaten urge insist
a. “Please help me! I don’t know how to arrange these sentences into paragraph!” said the student to the teacher.
b. “You should spend a week in Ilam- it’s a lovely place.” said my friend to me.
c. The mother said to her daughter, “I’ll buy you a cake if you’re good.”
d. “I’ll take legal action if you don’t refund me my money,” said the client.
e. The interior designer said, “Why don’t you paint the wall pink?”

6. Make wishes in the given situations. 5
a. It’s raining.
b. You’re lonely.
c. You’re ill in bed.
d. Your car’s broken down.
e. You’re short of money.

7. Complete the following sentences with conflicting reports. 5
a. I’m starving. I could eat a horse.
But you told me just now …………
b. Oh look. It’s raining.
What? But they said on the weather forecast ………….
c. The rent’s $ 25 a week.
But when I spoke to you earlier you said ……………..
d. Sorry. This is a private beach. Members only.
But I was told ……………
e.Can I have one of your cigarettes?
But I thought ……………..

8. Write a letter to the editor of ‘The Republica’ saying how you feel about the growing use of mobile phone among teenagers. (10)

9. Write a police description of a person who stole $ 5 million from NB Bank, Kathmandu this morning. 5

10. Write a paragraph describing your experience and achievement as a +2 level student. 5

11. Write an essay on ‘Necessity of Practical Education’. 10

12. Answer any five questions: [5x3=15]
a. Why does the poet spit into the face of time? (The Lamentation of the Old Pensioner)
b. What does the refrain of the boy ‘Now they’re going to see who I am’ mean? (The Last Voyage of the Ghost Ship)
c. Write a profile of Lydia E. Pinkham as a pioneer businesswoman. (Women’s Business)
d. What’s the central idea of the poem ‘God’s Grandeur’?
e. What are the effects of unexpressed love on Anna? (About Love)
f. Do you think that the story "A Story" by Dylan Thomas is not a story proper, but a jumble of various people? Give reasons. (A story)
g. How is Karnali region linked economically to the Western lowlands? (Hurried Trip to Avoid a Bad Star)

13. Answer any one of the following: [1×10=10]
a. According to Marsha Traugot, what changes have taken place in the field of adoption in America in the recent years? What factors are responsible for new trend in adoption? Explain.
b. What is the historical significance of Martin Luther King Jr.’s speech? Explain. (I have a Dream)



Read This Also:

Don't forget to Like, Share and Comment. Please join with us on Facebook and Google+ or subscribe email updates for daily Notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to Comment. If you want any Notes, Guides or Information Write on Comment Box.