We have started new website of Reference Notes where you will find Notes, Question Paper, Solution, Old is Gold, Educational Software of all level. The location is www.MeroSpark.com . We are transferring all content from here to our new site.

SET IV - Model Question Paper | Compulsory English Class 12

English
Question Bank | English
Model Question Paper
Set Four | Compulsory English
Grade XII
Full marks: 100 | Pass marks: 40 Time: 3 hours 

1. Read the following passage and answer the questions given below. (15)
If the traffic congestion gets any worse , there is likely to be permanent traffic jam in the town center during working hours, which will make it impossible for shops and businesses to operate efficiently.
The proposed scheme for banning cars from the center is, however, unlikely to solve this problem. This ban
Will only cause more congestion in the suburbs, and in any case there are many people who genuinely need to take their cars to work. A much better solution would be to double the number of train services into the center, and to halve the fares. This would encourage people to stay off the roads, and would avoid the bad feeling that the present scheme seems likely to cause among the business community.

a. Why does the writer think that something should be done about traffic congestion?
b. Why does he think that the proposed scheme will not work?
c. Why does he consider his own solution is better?
d. Suggest a suitable title.
e. Propose an appropriate solution to the ever growing traffic jam.

2. Change the suggestions below, using ought to, ought not to, might as well or there's no point in. (5)
a) Let's not take the lift-he only lives on the first floor
b) Don't take the children to see that movie-It'll frighten them.
c) Why don't you take the pull over-it might turn cold.
d) Let's not argue about it- that wont' solve the problem.
e) Why don't you take the pull over-you've got plenty of room.

3. Change each sentence using seem. (5)
Example: He is friendly
He seems to be friendly.
a. He isn't very rich.
b. He doesn't spend much time out of doors.
c. He has lived a very interesting life.
d. He hasn't got any prize.
e. He is studying in international school.

4. Change the sentences below, using can’t, must and might/may as done in the example (5)
Example: I’m sure she didn’t do that
She can’t have done that.
a) I’m sure she went to the town .
b) Perhaps he didn’t invite her to the party .
c) I think she was feeling alone
d) I’m sure he was not a criminal.
e) Perhaps she is trying to forget him.

5. Report the following remarks beginning-He told me … ( 5)
a. I'll tell her when I see her.
b. I’ve been sleeping very badly.
c. I wasn't invited to the wedding.
d. I’ve had my car serviced.
e. You look as if you haven’t eaten for weeks.

6. Change the sentences below using sure to ,certain to ,likely to and unlikely to ( 5)
a. The price of bread will definitely go up within a few weeks.
b. He probably won’t arrive.
c. I doubt if the miners will go on strike.
d. I am sure they win the match this time also.
e. There will probably be peace in the near future.

7. Change the sentences into comparative sentences using a) than b) as….as (5)
a. Fifty people had been invited, but eighty came.
b. I would like him to work hard ,but he doesn’t.

8. Write an essay on any one (10)
a. Seasons
b. City Centers
c. Jealousy

9. Write a few paragraphs about the advantages and disadvantages of studying abroad.( 5)

10 .Answer any questions in brief ( 5×3= 15)
a. Write how the narrator was able to show he was not a liar.( The Last Voyage of the Ghost Ship)
b. What is the central theme of ‘I Have a Dream’
c. What is the main reason Thomas and Sarah quarreled for?( A Story)
d. Summaries the poem God’s Grandeur’ in a short paragraph.
e. Do you think Mr. Doran would marry Miss Polly ?Explain. ( The Boarding House)
f. Describe the personality of Hansel in Keillor’s transformation ‘ Gretel’

11 Explain how Purgatory explores the relation of human life to supernatural forces. (10)

12. Would you call the narrator mad ?Explain (The Tell – Tale Heart ) (10)

13. Write a horoscope for any zodiac sign. (5)


Read This Also:
Don't forget to Like, Share and Comment. Please Join with us on Facebook and Google+ or subscribe email updates for daily Notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to Comment. If you want any Notes, Guides or Information Write on Comment Box.